Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 11th
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
Weight: 05 Marks
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how global competitive environments are changing supply chain management and logistics practice.
2. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
3. Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities. To this purpose, you should review about these companies through secondary available information. Think about how you can apply the concepts/tools that you learned in this course.
Logistics outsourcing has attracted the attention of lots of Supply chain industrialist in recent years. As firms enlarge their global reach, they often find that they need to reconsider their internal capabilities in managing the global supply chain. In many cases firms decide to outsource this function in whole or in part to agents or outsourcing firms (Trent & Roberts, 2009).
Using this concept of outsourcing you should answer the following questions by taking any Saudi company or any Multinational company of your choice.
1. What are outsourcing firms?
2. Assess the reasons for using outsourcing logistics service in Saudi Arabia/any company of your choice? Using some good examples.
3. Reasons why outsourcing logistics arrangement are not always successful?
The Answer should be 3- 4 pages in length including the cover and appendices, with 1″ margins on all sides, double-spacing, and 12 point font. The cover of the answer should include title, course code and name, your full name, and your University id number.
The Answer must follow the outline points below: Outsourcing CompaniesTheir Main functionsAny local exampleReasons with suitable ExamplesReference