Big Box Stores implemented a training program to increase sales of tools and other home improvement items in their stores in one region of the U.S. The training focused on enhancing displays of items needed for common home improvement projects and encouraging cross-selling of tools needed by customers to do the project. The training was a two-hour distance learning class originated from the corporate training complex to one-hundred employees at fifteen store locations in the southeast region. The employees earn an average of $12 per hour, with benefits being an additional 25% of salary. Sales in the home improvement departments at these fifteen store locations combined averaged $6,000 per week before the training and $7,500 per week after the training. Other costs involved in the program included:
1. Instructor wages: $8,000 (Only one instructor used)
2. Instructor benefits: 25% of salary
3. Distance learning costs (equipment and usage fees): $5,000
4. Materials: $60 per trainee
1. Compute the return on investment (ROI) for this training program for one year and provide your computations.
2. Describe how you computed return on investment (ROI).
3. Determine what additional data you would want to have to assess the return on investment (ROI) for this type of training program and explain why return on investment (ROI) is so important to a business.
4. Explain why it is important to know the return on investment (ROI) in the initial phase of training and development, prior to establishing a contract
Your final product will be a Microsoft Word document and be approximately 2 pages in length and utilize one to two scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical