Complete the Plant Videos Worksheet( see attached) and upload your work here
If you need new hyperlinks, these have been updated below:
Video #2 : https://youtu.be/obPaSbvYvYQ (链接到外部网站。) 链接到外部网站。
Video #3 :
https://youtu.be/AknFzPzATaE (链接到外部网站。) 链接到外部网站。
Start by reading/watching/reviewing the multimedia report on the Great Barrier Reef at https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/07/the-great-barrier-reef-a-catastrophe-laid-bare (链接到外部网站。) 链接到外部网站。
Then based on the information in this article, answer the following questions. This is a 20 point assignment so make sure your answers are well thought out and thorough. All answers should be in complete sentences and be a minimum of 250 words per question.
1. Corals, an animal, are susceptible for coral bleaching. Describe what this is and what causes it. Can it be reversed?
2. Watch the video, Great Barrier Reef: diving in the stench of millions of rotting animals (链接到外部网站。) 链接到外部网站。 – describe what you observed throughout the video.
3. There are many key bleaching events that occurred. Pick two and describe why they were important.
4. There is a graph under the subtitle “Mass bleaching events on the Great Barrier Reef”. What information is this image trying to communicate? Is this image impactful?
5. Based on the article, can the coral reefs be saved? If so, what needs to be done in order to that and by when?
How much plastic do you have in your life? Think about all the ways you use plastic. In this discussion board, name 3 specific ways you use plastic that you think you might be able to stop. Also think about how hard it is to kick the plastic habit. Why is that?
Does human population have an impact on non-human species? If so, how? In this discussion board find and summarize one reputable article, and cite in CSE name-year style, that discusses the presence or absence of a connection between human population and non-human species decline. Discuss this article and what makes it a “reputable” article.