1. Your organization (an American Manufacturer) is considering going aboard. After careful consideration, the organization has determined two finalists for its global expansion; China or India. Your organization has determined that the product that the company manufacturers would be a good fit in either country.The question your organization is pondering is which country would be a better fit from a cultural perspective. Based on the text, identify and compare cultural similarities and differences between China and India and determine which country would be a good cultural fit for your American organization?
2. Consider the following scenario. American Airlines is considering purchasing Sun Country Airlines. Sun Country has indicated they are willing to sell the organization for a discounted premium amount. After months of discussion, the discounted premium amount has ranged from eight to twenty-two percent. Two weeks ago, American Airlines agreed to purchase Sun Country Airlines for the discounted premium amount of eighteen percent. Currently, Sun Country Airline’s stock price is $12, and they have 12,000,000 shares of outstanding stock.
For the record, American Airline’s stock is $42, and they have 15,000,000 shares of outstanding stock.
Based on the data provided, what is the amount American will buy Sun Country for? Show the
3. For Week Seven, the positioning video discusses how an organization wants its product or service to be seen by the public and in particular, the organization’s target market. Consider the pork industry. Why did pork start its decline? Was this in part due to sociocultural? In response, how did the pork industry response? What did they do that changed the attitude of the public? What is accredited with the turnaround?
https://youtu.be/vt0GUd95W2U positioning video
4. Marketing is a very important aspect in business. Furthermore, if the marketing mix is not conducive to the target market, the product or service will fail. Consider the following scenario and (1) identify a target market (consider the segments of demographics, geographic, behavioristics, and psychographic), (2) explain where you would have the product sold (store or other outlets), (3) promotions and promoters you would use, and (4) how you would position the product. In your marketing efforts, you have a marketing budget of $5 Million. The product you will market is the following: Mezlan Rollini Genuine Ostrich Slip-On ShoesPrice $550High quality
5. You have a business you are considering selling. There are several ways to determine the firms worth. Based on the following data, which method would merit you the most for your business. 2016 annual profits were $1,500,000 Your current stock is 35.00 per shareThere are 35,000 outstanding shares of stock.Your stock has earned $12 this past year, andAverage net income over five years $600,000
Consider in this calculation the Price/Ratio Method, outstanding share method, and the conservative rule of thumb. Show your work for each of these methods and identify, based on your work, which method yield you the most for your business.