Assignment: As the director of compensation for a midsized organization prepare a Power Point presentation that justifies the implementation of a new compensation strategy that supports the motivational needs of knowledge workers and reinforce the real-time performance appraisal system that the organization has embraced. The goal is to retain, motivate and grow the workforce of multi-generational knowledge workers, I must also justify to senior management that this compensation strategy is competitive in the marketplace.
The presentation should describe a compensation program for knowledge workers. The title of the knowledge worker’s for my brief is Federal Contracting Officers, whose line of work requires one to “think for a living”. Use of various sources is allowed. Power Point presentation must include a reference slide, and sources must follow APA format, and should be at a minimum of 12 slides in length – not counting the title slide and reference slides. Slide notes are not required.
Presentation should address the following questions:
1. What is the compensation strategy being proposed
2. Did employees provide input
3. Who else provided input
4. What incentives are included in the plan, and how will the plan motivate the employees?
5. How will employees determine fairness of the pay structure?
6. Why do I believe the employees will be satisfied with this plan, and justify the compensation strategy that supports the motivational needs of knowledge workers.
7. What is the communication plan to roll out the new strategy/program?