From the Database, (e.g., Business Source Complete) perform a search on benchmarking. Note that you need your username and password to access the database. Find and review three sources from the search results. These three sources, along with your reading assignments, should be used to answer the following questions:
1. Describe benchmarking and explain its role in quality management. (4points)
2. Provide an example of how a company that you are familiar with could use benchmarking to improve its performance. (4points)
3. What is a benchmark project? Give an example. (4points)
4. What are the processes involved in benchmarking? (4points)
5. How does process benchmarking differ from product benchmarking? Support your statements with examples.
Write a short paper containing the answers to these questions. Successful reports will include:
Evidence of research from academia and other reputable sources (Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source).
References are correctly cited within the body of the paper. APA format is required for in-text citation.
Examples of personal experience (work, life) that supports the research.
All references cited correctly at the end of the paper (Reference page). APA format is required for reference pages.
Use APA style for in text citations and your reference page (double spacing not required).
Your paper should be no more than 3 pages (single-spaced, 10-point font).
Content Quality = Completeness + Correctness + Timeliness + Evidence based (85%)
Form = Proper grammar structure + Proper use of APA format (15%)
Completeness is defined to mean that all aspects of the discussion are addressed.
Correctness is defined to mean that your answers are accurate and supported by evidence (e.g., examples from reliable sources and/or research).